Teeth Marks - Matthew Weber 5/5

                                                         


       Once in awhile I get review copies of books from authors, but I've never gotten one with a barf bag. I’m serious, Matthew Webber sent me not one, but two barf bag with a couple of his releases. As I began to read Teeth Marks I prepared myself for the most vile horror money could buy, but then I relaxed because the bag isn't really necessary. It’s a great marketing tool, but I kept waiting to be horrified, or at least offended, but it just didn't happen. I’m not complaining at all because if anything, Teeth is exactly the kind of horror I enjoy. It jumps and jives all over the place, and it’s well written. The guy has talent, and I plan on reading more of his stuff as soon as I can get my hands on it.  

                                                                  

                       

      The beauty of Teeth Marks is the originality of these stories. As a collection It flows well, and there’s a great deal of darkness mixed with black humor. Webber is the kind of writer who wants people to notice him and he does this  by writing  stories that connect with the reader. You never know what to expect, and that’s the beauty of it all. There’s not a bad story here which means if you aren't a fan midway through there’s something wrong with you, or maybe you’re just not a horror fan. The stories are short, but the odd thing is they all work. You don’t feel cheated at the end which happens with a lot of these collections. 

      Webb isn't content to chase trends either. Each story deals with something unique. Even Burt’s Top Secret Spice Mix has something to offer aside from being just another ghost story. As I read Teeth Marks I could tell that this is a writer who truly loves the horror genre, and he’s out to make his mark. Best of all at the end there are story notes that tells you where the ideas for each story came from.  If you’re looking for some really great horror that can also be violent, and disturbing, you have to read Teeth Marks. You won't regret it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ball Washer

The Pain and Misery