It Always Bites You In The End - Michael Fisher  5/5 stars
                                                             


   
      I have to admit that lately I haven't been reading a lot of horror, but it's not because I'm bored with the genre. I've become hooked on suspense thrillers. Why am I mentioning this while reviewing Michael Fisher's latest release? Because at it's core, it's exactly what a suspense thriller is, but there's also a bit of the supernatural in there as well to give it a little kick. Fisher is a talented writer that has essentially created the perfect book, and It Always Bites You In The End keeps you guessing until the very last page. The bodies began piling up, and they all seem to be linked to the tattoos that the deceased have recently acquired. Sounds pretty simple right? You would think so, but that's not true at all, and the mystery only seems to deepen the further you get.

      At the heart of it all is Mac, a cop who is assigned to these cases. This is a great character that injects a lot of black humor into his narrative. At times, he can be a bit of a jerk, but he's the kind of guy you want to hang out with despite his flaws. You can feel his frustration with the cases, and it often seems as if there's real connection to the cases. These are all bizarre deaths that make no sense, there's no acceptable answer for them at all. Once I started reading it, I couldn't stop, and it quickly became one of my favorite novels because it was not only well written, but stands apart from your typical suspense thriller. It's a lot of fun to read, and doesn't follow the normal rules of the genre. Fish has created something unique, and I hope we get to see more of these characters.

      Fisher is a talented writer that has uses his tattoo background to give the story its backbone. The detail, and character development is flawless and keeps the pages flying. It Always Bites You In The End never slows down until the end, and even then it merely pumps the brakes a little. Fish gave me a copy of the book to write an honest review, and while I thought I was getting a simple suspense thriller I got something far more unique. 

     
     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ball Washer

The Pain and Misery